Grand Rapids Community College is looking for a Educational Support Professional – Communications.
- Support the Director of Communications in the creation and implementation of the Communications Department strategic plan and the college wide communications plan.
- Act as traffic manager for department responsibilities and projects managed by others in department – monitor deadlines, coordinate information, tasks and people within and outside of department, ensure customer needs are met – using Basecamp project management software.
- Provide administrative support, including calendar management, to the Director of Communications.
- Manage Communications Department budget transactions, including the ProCard, using Peoplesoft Financials, Excel and other software as needed. Budget for, track and document all spending.
- Assist the Director of Communications in budget forecasting.
- Field media and advertising calls.
- Assist in drafting, editing, and distributing various internal and external GRCC publications and news releases to media and other interested parties as needed.
- Create and distribute monthly GRCC events calendar to the department, the President’s Office, and local media calendars.
- Work closely with college departments, and GRCC Foundation, to assist in planning and deploying events as needed.
- Collect and submit bi-weekly payroll.
- Purchase and distribute promotional items for donations, special events, and special interest groups on and off campus as needed.
- Assist in the supervision of Communications interns and student employees.
- Provide backup to the GRCC switchboard as needed.
- Maintain a database of local and regional media contacts.
- General management of office including maintaining general and confidential files, scheduling meetings, note taking and managing daily and bulk mailings.
- Participate in GRCC committees and teams.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications.