WMPRSA recently hosted its biennial “Nonprofit Workshop,” a low-cost opportunity for nonprofit professionals (and aspiring professionals) to access professional development.
This year’s workshop was well-attended and featured the following sessions:
- Media Relations Messaging | Timothy Penning, Ph.D., APR, Associate Director/Associate Professor, School of Communications,Grand Valley State University
- Utilizing College Student Interns to Achieve Your Communications Goals | Michelle Burke, APR, Director of Student Life, Grand Valley State University
- Strategic on a Shoestring: Plan Your PR for Pennies, Reap the Rewards | Susan Ledy, Executive Director, Literacy Center of West Michigan; Tatum Rucker, Public Relations Specialist, Literacy Center of West Michigan; Terri Howe, APR, Howe Marketing & Communications; and Molly Klimas, APR, Intent Public Relations
- Communicating During a Crisis: How to Protect Your Reputation When Bad Things Happen | Steve Ruppe, Public Relations Director, Russ Reid Company
- From Bland to Buzzworthy: Creating a Winning Social Media Strategy | Pete Brand, Co‐Founder, Mindscape at Hanon McKendry
- Partying for a Living! | Jessica Ann Tyson, Owner, Events by Jessica Ann