1. Where do you work and what is your title?
I am the Marketing and Communications Manager for the Grand Rapids Public Library.
2. What is your main objective in that role?
Spreading the library love! I oversee all external and internal communication for the library system including public relations, marketing, community outreach, website, social media and brand management.
3. How long have you been a member of WMPRSA?
About 6 months
4. Why did you join WMPRSA?
To keep my skills sharp, to learn from others, to meet other communications professionals, and to continue to grow in my field.
5. If you could have a job anywhere in the world, where and what would it be?
I would love to be the head of communications for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. That job comes with a penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park, right?
6. Name a favorite website and explain why you like it.
I wish I had something insightful to say here. Unfortunately as a working mom, the majority of my time spent online involves Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer and YouTube construction videos. I also spend a lot of time looking at grpl.org. I do love the emotionally intelligent signage on Daniel Pink’s site.