WMPRSA’s upcoming event will feature PRSA Detroit Hall of Fame member, John Bailey
The Power of Ownership: How to Build a Career and a Business
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Davenport University, Downtown Center (45 Ottawa)
$30 members / $40 nonmembers / $25 students (Price includes lunch and a copy of John’s book, The Power of Ownership: How to Build a Career and a Business)
John Bailey founded John Bailey & Associates Public Relations in 1996 and grew it into one of the state’s leading firms serving businesses in the automotive, healthcare, retail, public affairs and professional services industries from its Troy and Lansing offices. His success as an agency leader culminated in the merger of JB&A with Lambert, Edwards & Associates Public Relations – Investor Relations in 2009, creating Michigan’s only statewide firm.
During the event, John will share the story of his success and provide best practices for multiple audiences, including:
1. People stuck in a career or job and contemplating a move;
2. Anyone who aspires to start a business;
3. Those who want to see how someone else did these things to measure their own progress.
John recently wrote “The Power of Ownership: How to Build a Career and a Business,” which follows his 56-year career from inception to retirement including:
- Working with three iconic and pioneering public relations agency founders—Beverly Beltaire, Tony Franco and Jack Casey
- Helping to grow Stroh’s from a small regional brand in 1975 to third largest beer company in the United States in 1985
- Educating the American public through a nationwide PR campaign to increase safety belt usage from about 10 percent in 1984 to more than 70 percent in 1992
- Establishing his own company, John Bailey & Associates (JB&A), in 1996
- Developing and executing a PR campaign to eliminate smoking in most public places throughout Michigan.
John has also supported the Detroit area’s professional, civic and cultural organizations. He is a Leadership Detroit graduate and has been a director of the Detroit Regional Chamber, the Woodward Avenue Action Association and the Automotive Hall of Fame. He was a 12-year board member of the Public Relations Society of Detroit (PRSA) and its ethics officer for six years. He was inducted into the PRSA Detroit Chapter’s Hall of Fame in 2006.
More information on The Power of Ownership: How to Build a Career and a Business is available at: