NOTE: This position has been filled. For more information about opportunities at 834 Marketing & Design, visit their website.
Seeking Social Media Butterfly
834 Design & Marketing is seeking a social media butterfly to coexist in perfect harmony with our project manager unicorn in our magical office space. This position is a part time hourly role with the possibility of full time as client work and volume dictates. Do you think you are up to the challenge? You don’t have to be crazy to work here, we’ll train you. Please see bottom of description for application method.
COORDINATOR, DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA
Part-time (up to 30 hours a week)
The position serves as an editor for all business media content channels, leveraging digital tools and social media to promote business capabilities, programs and products internally and externally. This position reports to the Program/Digital Director and works in concert with other project managers and associates to develop content to ensure business visibility and unified branding for each client in our portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties, as well as others that are assigned.
- Execute integrated digital & social media strategies with public relations, marketing, product line communications and organizational communications colleagues.
- Assist with analyzing and reporting on digital and social media success metrics.
- Develop surround sound campaigns for key pursuits, keep solid initiatives and strategic programs .
- Manage content, design and function of the business’ digital and social media footprint.
- Serve as editor for internal and external business media content channels. Ensure content is current, easily found, efficiently organized and socially appropriate.
- Maintain the business editorial calendar to ensure sharing of interesting, timely materials on all company-owned platforms.
- Develop multimedia story packages and assets for the company’s digital and social channels.
- Mentor members of the extended business communications team in the creation of appropriate social media engagement, content development and search engine optimization.
- Monitor the brand and competitors online to assess and mitigate brand risk and crises in the digital and social sphere.
- Assist with digital & social media training and development across functions and lines of business.
- Background in digital communications, marketing, public relations or advertising preferred.
- Passionate and familiar with social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, FourSquare, bookmarking sites (such as StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, forums, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Ability to work with multiple teams simultaneously-both internal and external-in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Understanding of web design, information architecture, web usability.
- Experience developing and executing both a professional and personal social networking presence required, particularly involving Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for Web content required; proof of successful Web content development; outstanding verbal communication skills, confidence and professionalism to influence at all levels business.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex material and break it down into concise, compelling stories that leverage interactive media to engage online visitors.
- Willingness to coach communicators and business partners on how to package and develop their online storytelling.
- Knowledge of basic HTML, PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator and content management tools.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in journalism, marketing, technical writing, public relations, social media, and online/multimedia storytelling.
- Experience in web operations management and/or executing social media strategy for small business or nonprofits strongly desired.
- Experience working in the aerospace and defense industry or a larger enterprise desired – just kidding, we don’t do any of that.
- A sense of humor and quick wit.
- Must love dogs. Seriously, you must.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies quickly – aka, you might be asked to think outside of this job description as we are a small business.
- A self-starter. The ability to identify needs and seek to satisfy or remedy them without much by way of instruction.
- Bachelors degree preferred in public relations, advertising, communications, marketing, journalism, English, interactive media, or job related equivalent experience.
To apply: send evidence of your ridiculously talented social or digital efforts in a nontraditional manner to our digital director, email@example.com. Be uncommon.