Seeking a competent intern to coordinate and administer social media for the Diocese of Grand Rapids, including content for the diocesan Facebook page and Twitter feed.
• Creative, organized and accountable; willing to work remotely to monitor social media.
• Someone with a heart for good storytelling and the ability to research content online and create posts containing authentic Catholic content that appeals to a broad audience.
• Ability to craft text that might at times be serious, reflective, humorous or topical if the need arises.
• Someone who would be comfortable quickly orienting themselves to an office environment and interacting with contacts in various departments and ministries to obtain information.
• Familiarity with Catholic Church teaching, basic web design experience and knowledge of social media management helpful. Basic photography and graphic design skills also a plus.
Send resume to Carl Apple, diocesan communication director, at email@example.com
The Diocese of Grand Rapids, which encompasses an 11-county area of West Michigan, serves over 191,000 Catholics and 82 parishes as well as 25 elementary and four high schools with enrollment of over 5,600 students. Connect with the diocese on Facebook (Diocese of Grand Rapids) and Twitter (@GRDiocese). For additional information, visit the diocesan website, http://www.dioceseofgrandrapids.org.