The Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance is currently seeking a marketing manager. The job description and application information is provided below.
Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance Location: Holland, Michigan
Full-time / Exempt position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Responsible for development, execution and measurement of all of the Diversity Alliance’s marketing, communication, and public relations activities to enhance the organization’s image and position in Michigan. Takes the lead in maintaining website information, utilizing social media, developing our monthly e-newsletter, creating brochures and print media, marketing special events and coordinating overall public relations efforts. Reports to the Executive Director.
Marketing, communications and public relations
● Provide technical assistance and develop resource materials to successfully market Diversity Alliance programs, special events and fund development opportunities in West Michigan and beyond.
● Write and edit engaging copy, select powerful graphics and design formats for all of the Diversity Alliance’s marketing materials and communication initiatives. Publish and distribute final products.
● Maintain consistent branding in all of the Diversity Alliance’s print and electronic materials, internally and externally.
● Regularly update all marketing materials and make sure marketing materials are organized and accessible.
● Develop, manage and execute a vibrant content plan for monthly e-newsletters and regular e- blasts.
● Update Diversity Alliance websites regularly with relevant and inspiring material.
● Ensure the Diversity Alliance has an active and compelling social media presence.
● Establish and maintain working relationships with local media. Reach out and interact with media
as necessary. Respond to media requests.
● Oversee online registrations for programs and special events. ● Assist with, or lead, special projects as assigned.
● Execute the marketing/communication strategy as established by the Diversity Alliance’s Marketing Strategy Committee.
Planning and budgeting
● Prepare an annual budget request to fund the resources needed to achieve marketing, communications and public relations goals and objectives.
● Ensure that evaluation systems are in place to measure the effectiveness of strategies, marketing materials and communications initiatives.
● Monitor trends and developments in marketing, communications and public relations fields. Management
● Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel – paid and volunteer.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
● Previous experience in a marketing/communications role, demonstrated track record of supporting high-impact communications and marketing strategies.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
● Excellent writing skills, including strong copy editing and proofreading skills.
● Solutions-oriented; the ability to effectively problem solve and rebound from setbacks.
● Experience designing and producing print materials and publications as well as maintaining web content.
● Up-to-date knowledge of social media marketing and the ability and willingness to stay current with trends.
● Computer literacy in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google platforms, desktop publishing, website design, photo editing, event management and donor management software.
● Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
● Experience developing and managing budgets.
NUMBER OF YEARS EXPERIENCE:
- 5 – 7 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications, or public relations,
including at least one year in marketing in the nonprofit sector. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or public relations. Position will be open until filled.