Date: December 16, 2015
Title: Graphic Designer
Position Number: 658
Hours: 25 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Compensation: $15/hour ($15,750/year) Professional Services, No benefits
Reports to: Lead Graphic Designer
Posting expires: January 20, 2016 (Extended from 1-6-16)
The graphic designer will support the communications department’s recruitment and retention marketing efforts. Primary responsibilities include the creation and editing of print and web materials using basic design principles that enhance the GRCC Brand. Additional responsibilities include innovative thinking to develop new solutions that address visual challenges within the brand, and participating in daily graphic design team meetings to prioritize and accomplish communications department goals.
Essential Job Functions
– Advise and assist college departments with graphic design, from concept to production, while maintaining GRCC Brand Standards.
– Manage graphic design process for each project from estimation to conceptualization to developing timelines, among other basic project management tasks.
– Manage the print production process in coordination with college printing services, or external vendors for each project.
– Collaborate with members of the communications department, as needed, for copywriting, editing/proofreading, and photography services to complete each project.
– Innovate new ways to elevate GRCC Brand Standards within each project.
– Provide creative direction using basic design principles for each project.
– Educate college clients about communications department processes for graphic design project work.
– Consult on and help update college graphic identity guide.
– Promote communications department services to college clients.
– Assist lead graphic designer with management of graphic design process documentation and policies.
– Represent the department on college teams, as needed.
– Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
– Other duties as assigned by lead graphic designer.
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at www.grcc.edu/jobs Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on January 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM.