Date: December 16, 2015
Title: Web Content Specialist
Position Number: 659
Hours: 25 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
Compensation: $15/hour ($15,750/year) Professional Services, No benefits
Reports to: Director of Communications
Posting expires: January 20, 2016 (extended from 1-6-16)
The web content specialist will be responsible for curating content for the college’s website. Primary responsibility includes the creation and editing of website copy to account for accuracy, audience, style and tone of messaging for all website copy in accordance with GRCC Brand Standards. Additional responsibilities include working as a member of the cross-departmental team that is managing the evolution of the website (including, but not limited to, copy, style sheet and template updates), and being one of the liaisons between the communications department and the college regarding this team’s work.
Essential Job Functions
– Manage the communications department web portal.
– Advise and assist college departments with copywriting, editing and proofreading web page content in accordance with GRCC Brand Standards.
– Write web page copy.
– Serve as the liaison between the communications department and college departments with regard to web page content updates.
– Maintain schedule of web page content updates.
– Collaborate on communications to the college community regarding web content publishing guidelines and standards.
– Collaborate on web content development projects (including, but not limited to, copy, photography and video).
– Assist the director of communications with management of website analytic documentation, reports.
– Support the director of communications in the development and implementation of web content policies.
– Assist the director of communications with integration of administrative objectives with regard to aesthetic, editorial, and marketing initiatives for GRCC’s web presence to ensure accurate and professional representation of the college.
– Participate as a member of the team managing the evolution of the college’s website (collaborative team including communications, enrollment center and IT departments)
– Represent the department on college teams, as needed.
– Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
– Other duties as assigned by director of communications.
Method of Application
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at www.grcc.edu/jobs Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on January 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.